Friday, June 21, 2013

DAY TWO

today was day one of convention! I am so stinking exhausted and that is SUCH an understatement! our brains are mush. between all the travel time and my lack of sleep, not to mention that at convention we watch one talk/speaker, while in the other room {latvian and russian have two seperate ooms} they are giving a seperate version being translated and are typically way ahead or behind in translating, or for that matter the translating just plane is happening. I am now so thankful for meetings in my own language!

the friends were beautiful though! meeting so many new ones!  can't wait for tomorrow! only tomorrow, I'll have a red bull, banana and some chocolate with me! ;)

oh the bus in the morning! bright and early! 
entrance to olympiskais sporta centre where convention  is!
lunch. I had some serious concerns with the warm chicken potatoe salad but was way, way to hungry not to eat it. and hey I'm still alive ;)
brother morris of the governing body giving the last talk of the day!  we got to be introduced to him and his wife through greg and joyce and we spent the majority of the lunch break all chatting! brother and sister morris are so sweet!
all done! it was 91• today with high humidity and no air conditioning in a giant tin sports arena. we died. and then came back to life in time to get hot again and get on the blazing double decker bus shuttling is back to the hotel... !!!
view from patio out front hotel where we had drinks and snacks! there was a breeze and that made life so, so much better!!!

um I'm kind of floored with the presentation of this cheese plate!


end of night sunset and moon.




ciao!
z... z... z... {already fell asleep!}

ps. these are all simply iphone photos I've snapped! incase you were wondering!



No comments:

Post a Comment